The Good Sams Foundation has put together a list of ways that people can give the gift of hope to others this Christmas and beyond. Please feel free to spread the word to family and friends!
1. Monetary donations to the Foundation are greatly appreciated and assist the Good Sams work with the needy in Australia and the Pacific. The Foundation has recently been recognised as a Public Benevolent Institution and all donations over $2 are now tax deductible. Make a donation here.
2. Good Sams Gifts allow you to nominate the ministry you would like to support. A donation made this way can be the perfect gift for a caring friend or family member. We will send a card and thank you to the gift recipient.
Here are some examples of ministries you can support:
At Good Samaritan Housing in Brisbane, where women and children at risk of homelessness are provided with low-cost housing and assistance to find their feet:
- $20 will provide clothing for a baby or toddler;
- $50 will provide a new resident family with a welcome pack;
- $100 will give a mum a chance at a job by covering the cost of her interview clothing.
In Bacolod, the Philippines, where Sisters of the Good Samaritan have been working for the past 25 years:
- $10 provides a child with a school uniform and school shoes;
- $50 provides a nutritious meal for 100 children;
- $500 pays a teacher’s salary for one month.
There are many more examples of Good Sams ministries in Australia and the Pacific.
3. Good Sams Christmas wines are available for purchase again this year. The wines are sourced from leading producers in Australia and New Zealand and are badged with a unique Good Sams label. Delivery is free (minimum order six bottles) and the Good Sams Foundation receives a contribution for every order placed. Find out more here OR order online here.
4. There are opportunities to volunteer with the Good Samaritan Foundation and Good Sams projects in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Offerings of time and skills are most welcome!
5. Perhaps you or a group of friends would like to start your own fundraiser for the Good Sams Foundation? You can now create online fundraisers through gofundraise and everyday hero and nominate the Good Sams ministry you would like to support.
If you feel inspired to find out more about any of the opportunities above, please contact Catherine Cresswell, Executive Director, by phone (02) 8752 5300 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Good Sams Foundation Facebook page.
The Good Sams Foundation, established in 1999, provides ongoing finances and resources to support the ministries established by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan.