- This event has passed.
13th national eConference – “Gospel Leadership in Times of Chaos: The Hope of Pope Francis”
August 10 @ 10:30 am - 2:45 pm
The 13th national eConference, an initiative of the Broken Bay Institute and the Australian Catholic Bishops’ Conference, will be held on Thursday August 10, 2017 from 10:30am-2:45pm (AEST).
At this year’s eConference, prominent international and national speakers and panellists will reflect upon the turbulent times in which we live and discuss them in the context of Pope Francis’ unique style of leadership.
PANEL FACILITATOR: Noel Debien, ABC Religion Presenter
- Professor Massimo Faggioli, Professor of Historical Theology, University of Villanova (Philadelphia) International Papal expert, theologian, political scientist. Topic: “The State of the Catholic Communion Today”
- Mr Paul Kelly, Editor at Large, The Australian and one of the nation’s most respected political writers. Topic: “The Crisis of the West: The Failure to Unite Faith and Reason”
- Professor The Hon Bob Carr, Professor of International Relations, University of Technology Sydney, former NSW Premier and Foreign Minister of Australia. Topic: “The Responsibility to Protect: Peace and Security in Challenging Times”
- Sister Clare Condon SGS, Congregational Leader of the Sisters of the Good Samaritan and winner of the 2013 Human Rights Medal awarded by the Australian Human Rights Commission. Topic: “The Simplicity of the Gospel Cuts through the Rhetoric”
- Reverend Dr Gerald A. Arbuckle SM, internationally respected theologian and anthropologist. Topic: “Leading in Chaotic Times: The Example of Pope Francis”
- Ms Elizabeth Proust AO, Chairman of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and Member of the Truth Justice and Healing Council
- Sister Ruth Durick OSU, the Australian Provincial of the Ursulines of the Roman Union and the President of Catholic Religious Australia (CRA)