Personal Care Support Worker, Sisters of the Good Samaritan
Location: Sydney, New South Wales
The Sisters of the Good Samaritan are seeking a Personal Care Support Worker to assist a number of Sisters living in the community.
When Archbishop John Bede Polding founded the Sisters of the Good Samaritan in 1857, he chose this name because he firmly believed that their work was about being neighbour to the poor and destitute women and children of Sydney. For over 160 years the Sisters of the Good Samaritan have been inspired by a simple yet powerful story, the Parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37.) They take as a living instruction Jesus’ command to go and ‘be neighbour’ to those most in need.
Our neighbour might be an impoverished child from a squatter village in the Philippines, a prisoner in Melbourne, a child at school, a refugee family, a single Mum at risk of homelessness or a woman escaping a home afflicted by family violence. The Sisters reach out to help wherever they can.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A commitment to caring for the elderly
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a range of Sisters and their Health Consultants
- Ability to assist Sisters in areas that may include personal care, socialisation and mobility
- Ability to respond appropriately to the individual pastoral requirements of the Sisters
This role offers the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of the Sisters in your care.
Essential Qualifications and experience
- 3-5 years experience in Aged Care or Pastoral Care
- A certificate 3 in Aged Care or equivalent
- A current Australian Drivers Licence and access to a registered vehicle
Applicants must have or be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check for NSW and a National Criminal History Check.
Salary will be according to the relevant award.
All applications should be no more than 3 pages and include a covering letter and current resume. Applications can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please direct enquiries about this position to email@example.com