PHOTO ESSAY BY Margot Hadfield
Margot Hadfield of Mount St Benedict College, Pennant Hills, in Sydney, was one of ten teachers from eight Good Samaritan Colleges who participated in an immersion experience to the Republic of Kiribati, an island nation straddling the equator in the Pacific Ocean, where Good Samaritan Sisters have been ministering since 1991. Her photo essay captures aspects of life in Kiribati.
The Kiribati immersion was led by Monica Dutton and Sister Meg Kahler from Good Samaritan Education.
With thanks to the participants of the Kiribati immersion who supplied their photographs:
- Margot Hadfield, David Campbell, Guy Fitzsimmons (Mount St Benedict College, Pennant Hills, NSW)
- Zita Briones (Stella Maris College, Manly, NSW)
- Tom Galea (Rosebank College, Five Dock, NSW)
- Alice Priest (St Scholastica’s College, Glebe, NSW)
- Toni Smith (St Mary Star of the Sea College, Wollongong, NSW)
- Kelcie Bryant-Duguid (St Patrick’s College, Campbelltown, NSW)
- Carolyn McCarthy (Santa Maria College, Northcote, VIC)
- Vicki Godfrey (Mater Christi College, Belgrave, VIC)
- Meg Kahler SGS, Monica Dutton (Good Samaritan Education Mission Team)
View the photo essay here.