Subscribers of The Good Oil were recently invited to participate in an online readership survey, in which they were asked to reflect on the current format of the publication and consider whether there is room for improvement. The survey took place between August 28 and September 9 of this year.
We, at The Good Oil, would like to express our appreciation to all those subscribers (14%) who completed the readership survey. The feedback we received is invaluable and has certainly given us some ‘food for thought’ when it comes to content, interests, your needs and the future format of The Good Oil.
While we analyse the results, we are reflecting on your comments and looking at ways we can incorporate recommendations and suggested changes to the 2020 format of The Good Oil – so watch this space. Changes will come into effect in February next year.
In the meantime, The Good Oil will continue with its current format. We will remain faithful to our mission, “to nourish the spirit, stimulate thinking and encourage reflection and dialogue about issues of the day from a Christian, Catholic, Good Samaritan perspective”.
If you missed the survey or would like to offer further feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To give you an insight into the survey results, we’re publishing the percentage statistics for multiple-choice questions posed in the survey.
Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with feedback.
Multiple-choice questions from The Good Oil Reader Survey (August 28 – September 9, 2019)
What is your gender?
- Female (79%)
- Male (21%)
What is your age category?
- Under 24 (0.25%)
- 25-34 (1%)
- 35-44 (2.5%)
- 45-54 (8%)
- 55-64 (20%)
- 65-74 (40.5%)
- 75+ (28%)
Which of the following options best describes you?
- Good Samaritan Sister (14%)
- Oblate or Associate of the Good Samaritan Sisters (6%)
- Partner in Good Samaritan ministry – employee, board member, volunteer (5%)
- Relative of a Good Samaritan Sister (6%)
- Friend or colleague of the Good Samaritan Sisters (17%)
- Current staff member of a Good Samaritan College (6%)
- Former staff member of a Good Samaritan College (4%)
- Current student of a Good Samaritan College (0.5%)
- Former student of a Good Samaritan College (12%)
- Current Good Samaritan staff member (1%)
- Member of another religious congregation (9.5%)
- No particular relationship to the Good Samaritan Sisters – I’m an interested reader (19%)
How often do you read The Good Oil?
- I read it every month (89%)
- I read it every few months (7%)
- I read it occasionally (4%)
How many articles do you usually read in each edition of The Good Oil?
- I read all the articles (41%)
- 4-6 (17.5%)
- 2-4 (18%)
- I skim the publication and may read an article or two (23%)
- I occasionally read articles (0.50%)
How long have you been reading The Good Oil?
- Under a year (6%)
- 1-2 years (14%)
- 2-3 year (20%)
- 3-5 years (20%)
- 5 years or more (40%)
Thinking about the length of the articles in The Good Oil:
- I’d like the length the articles to remain as they are (91%)
- I’d like the articles to be shorter (6%)
- I’d like other changes to the length (3%)
Thinking about the number of articles in The Good Oil:
- I’d like the number of articles to remain as they are; I currently read all of them (82%)
- I’d like fewer articles in each edition (14%)
- I’d like other changes to the number of articles (4%)
What are the top three sections of The Good Oil that interest you most?
- “It Occurred to Me” – by Patty Fawkner (60%)
- Feature articles (58%)
- Profiles on people (52%)
- News (36%)
- Opinion articles (28%)
- “Faith in the Ordinary” column (24%)
- “Being Just Neighbours” column (12%)
- Poetry (6%)
- Reviews (6%)
In the August edition of The Good Oil we included a video interview ‘Conversations with a Benedictine Monk’, did you watch this interview
- Yes (47%)
- No (53%)
Would you like to see the inclusion of more video and audio content?
- Yes (64%)
- No (34%)
How would you rate The Good Oil?
- Excellent (41)
- Very Good (47%)
- Good (10%)
- Fair (1%)